Demac has been releasing music for over 10 years, since launching the now-defunct Electronique Audio label for his own productions in 2004, but has really risen up the house and techno ranks over the last few years, releasing on club strongholds like Hypercolour, Aus Music, Drumcode and Pets Recordings.
His FACT mix centres around unreleased material, opening with an edit of Gazelle Twin (Demac recently released an EP on HypeLTD, editing material from the Brighton musician’s recent album Unflesh) and including three tracks from a new EP, Smoke Stained Ivories, due on Aus on March, as well as a handful of other edits Demac has made for his sets, tracks that he’s “run through pedals and added octaves here and there”.
It seems weird to think of Demac being 10 years into his career now, but his FACT mix shows him at his most authoritative. Oh, and he’s definitely not forgotten that sometimes you just need to beat the listener round the head with a massive bassline.
1. Gazelle Twin – Good Death (Tom Demac Beatless RMX) [CDR]
2. Octo Octa – Take me to the Dark [Running Back]
3. Tom Demac – Beckett’s Racket [forthcoming Aus Music]
4. Nachtbraker – Bluebottle (Frits Wentink RMX) [Heist]
5. Alland Byallo – Sah [Third Ear]
6. Duckett – This is How We Do it in A… (TDM Edit) [CDR]
7. Soulphiction – Ann Arbor (TDM Edit) [Musik Krause]
8. Mia Dora – Un Sub [Optimo Trax]
9. Tom Demac – Guilty Measures [forthcoming Aus Music]
10. Alli Borem – Continuum Gate [Turbo]
11. Lo Shea – Internalised (TDM Edit) [SDZE]
12. Aroy Dee – Pure (RAG Bass Mix) [MOS]
13. Tom Demac – RIP Vogel [forthcoming Aus Music]
14. Jerome Hill – Controlled (TDM Edit) [I Love Acid]
15. ? – ? (Tom Demac RMX) [CDR]
16. Efdemin – Parallaxis (Traumprinz RMX) [Dial]
17. Duckett – I’m Not Gonna Touch Him [CDR]
18. Cloudface – U & Me [Opal Tapes]